Sunday 28 June 2015

Movie Review: I Love You. Thank You.


Paul is a restless twenty-something who cannot get his life together. Worse, he’s been holding on to his love towards Red, his best friend Ivan’s boyfriend. Looking for a sense of direction, he goes to Siem Reap and meets Tang, who falls in love with him. 

But when Ivan leaves Red without any explanation, Paul finds himself caught between chasing his unrequited love for Red or choosing Tang, the one who is always willing to give him love that he cannot return.

I Love You. Thank You is inspired with heartbreaking universality of love anchored by relationships in this film that we can truly relate on. I like the memorable lines in the film about love and relationship and I appreciate the texture and locations of the film. I felt like I am with Paul following his journey towards love. Cinematography is excellent and story is powerful with the finest performance from Joross Gamboa as well with Prince Stefan and newbie actor CJ Reyes  If you want to watch a film that will make you feel inlove and hopes that someday you will have that feeling, watch this film. At its core, I Love You. Thank You is not a gay love story but it is simply a love story.


 
My Verdict: 3.5/5


PHOTOS DURING THE GALA PREMIERE














No comments:

Post a Comment