Announced through a Facebook Live broadcast on Saturday, the nominations also recognize Sunshine, which earned nine nods, followed by Manila’s Finest with seven. Meanwhile, I’m Perfect and Bar Boys: After School received five nominations each.
Among the acting nominees, Jericho Rosales earned a Best Actor nomination for Quezon, alongside Piolo Pascual for Manila’s Finest, Earl Jonathan Amaba for I’m Perfect, Carlo Aquino for Bar Boys: After School, and McCoy De Leon for In Thy Name.
The Best Actress category features Maricel Soriano for Meet, Greet & Bye, Kyrstel Go for I’m Perfect, Charo Santos for Only We Know, Angelica Panganiban for Unmarry, and Maris Racal for Sunshine.
The Best Supporting Actress nominees include Odette Khan (Bar Boys: After School), Rochelle Pangilinan (Child No. 82: Anak ni Boy Kana), Elora Espano (In Thy Name), Karylle (Quezon), and Jennica Garcia (Sunshine).
For Best Supporting Actor, the nominees are Tom Rodriguez for Unmarry, Will Ashley for Bar Boys: After School, Mon Confiado for Quezon, JC De Vera for In Thy Name, and Rico Blanco for Manila’s Finest.
In the directing category, Antoinette Jadaone (Sunshine), Jerrold Tarog (Quezon), Ceasar Soriano (In Thy Name), Sigrid Andrea Bernardo (I’m Perfect), and Kip Oebanda (Bar Boys: After School) are competing for Best Director.
The Best Picture race includes Quezon, I’m Perfect, Sunshine, Magellan, and In Thy Name.
Notably, GMA Pictures and GMA Public Affairs’ KMJS’ Gabi ng Lagim: The Movie earned a nomination for Best Visual Effects, joining Shake, Rattle & Roll: Evil Origins, Quezon, In Thy Name, and Child No. 82: Anak ni Boy Kana in the category.
The winners of the 74th FAMAS Awards will be announced on October 27 at The Manila Hotel.
FULL LIST OF NOMINEES
Best Actress
Maricel Soriano — Meet, Greet & Bye
Kyrstel Go — I’m Perfect
Charo Santos — Only We Know
Angelica Panganiban — Unmarry
Maris Racal — Sunshine
Best Actor
Jericho Rosales — Quezon
Piolo Pascual — Manila’s Finest
Earl Jonathan Amaba — I’m Perfect
Carlo Aquino — Bar Boys: After School
McCoy De Leon — In Thy Name
Best Supporting Actress
Odette Khan — Bar Boys: After School
Rochelle Pangilinan — Child No. 82: Anak ni Boy Kana
Elora Espano — In Thy Name
Karylle — Quezon
Jennica Garcia — Sunshine
Best Supporting Actor
Tom Rodriguez — Unmarry
Will Ashley — Bar Boys: After School
Mon Confiado — Quezon
JC De Vera — In Thy Name
Rico Blanco — Manila’s Finest
Best Child Performer
Zac Sibug — Unmarry
Annika Co — Sunshine
Lucas Andalio — Call Me Mother
Best Director
Antoinette Jadaone — Sunshine
Jerrold Tarog — Quezon
Ceasar Soriano — In Thy Name
Sigrid Andrea Bernardo — I’m Perfect
Kip Oebanda — Bar Boys: After School
Best Picture
Quezon
I’m Perfect
Sunshine
Magellan
In Thy Name
Best Sound
Child No. 82: Anak ni Boy Kana
In Thy Name
Quezon
Manila’s Finest
Sunshine
Best Musical Score
Song of the Fireflies
Quezon
Manila’s Finest
In Thy Name
Call Me Mother
Best Visual Effects
Shake, Rattle & Roll: Evil Origins
KMJS’ Gabi ng Lagim: The Movie
Quezon
In Thy Name
Child No. 82: Anak ni Boy Kana
Best Production Design
Shake, Rattle & Roll: Evil Origins
In Thy Name
Quezon
Manila’s Finest
Magellan
Best Editing
Quezon
In Thy Name
Manila’s Finest
Sunshine
Magellan
Best Screenplay
Unmarry
Bar Boys: After School
Sunshine
Quezon
In Thy Name
Best Cinematography
I’m Perfect
Manila’s Finest
In Thy Name
Quezon
Sunshine
The winners will be revealed at the 74th FAMAS Awards ceremony on October 27 at The Manila Hotel.

No comments:
Post a Comment