Friday 2 February 2024

A Filipino Twist on a Korean Classic: Toni Gonzaga and Pepe Herrera Star in the Philippine Adaptation of "My Sassy Girl"

 

Just in time for the month of love, Viva Films and TINCAN are thrilled to present the much-anticipated Philippine adaptation of the most beloved South Korean romantic comedy film, My Sassy Girl. Starring the refreshing duo of Toni Gonzaga and Pepe Herrera, written and directed by Fifth Solomon, this adaptation promises to capture the hearts of audiences across the nation.


My Sassy Girl has long been considered a classic, and this Philippine adaptation aims to bring a fresh perspective to the timeless story. The movie follows the journey of Pepe Herrera's character, Junjee, a caretaker trainee, as he becomes entangled with Toni Gonzaga's character, Sheena, a spirited and self-centered woman who humiliates him at every turn.


The Philippine adaptation aims to retain the essence of the original while infusing the rich and intricate cultural nuances that render Filipino storytelling notably distinctive.


"Yung sa Sassy Girl we keep the original magic of the film. Naging faithful kami doon sa original. Maliit na maliit lang yung tweak na ginawa para maging pinoy version siya, but lahat ng iconic scenes ng My Sassy Girl nandito." - Toni Gonzaga, Actress Acclaimed for her engaging and relatable roles in films such as You Are The One (2006), You Got Me (2007), My Only U (2008), My Amnesia Girl (2010), Starting Over Again (2014) and You're My Boss (2015), she has gained immense popularity among Filipino viewers and has been called the "RomCom Queen" for her exceptional performance in romantic comedy films. In her return to the big screen, Toni testifies that it was her life-long dream to portray Sheena in the Philippine adaptation of My Sassy Girl.


"The project came to me unexpectedly. I'm at the point in my life that I surrendered that dream of mine—-that was my dream in 2006," she said. "Twenty years after the film was released, I'm given the opportunity to play the role here in the Philippines. / consider it as a big blessing," she added.

Pepe Herrera, best known for his outstanding performances in both theater and television, expressed his excitement about the project, saying:


"Visualize natin - Ngayon hanggang maipalabas ang #MySassyGirIPH, marami kaming mapapaligaya ni Fifth at ni Tin. Sa ngalan ng Pag-ibig." After being in the can for almost four years, a lot has come and a lot has changed. Yet, the film's charm and magic remain the same.
 

"After 3 years nabalikan ko ang proyektong ito. Nakaka fragile. 2020 nang ishoot namin ito. Ang dami nang nangyare sa mga buhay-buhay natin pero hindi nagbago ang kilig, tawa, iyak ko nang mapanuod ko muli ang pelikulang ito," says Fifth Solomon, Director of "My Sassy Girl". "Excited na ako na mapanuod niyo itong lahat."


My Sassy Girl is not just a romantic comedy; it's an exploration of the complexities of modern relationships, sprinkled with moments of hilarity and genuine emotion. It strikes the perfect balance between humor and heart, making it a must-watch for fans of the genre.


My Sassy Girl hit theaters on January 31, 2024, produced by Viva Films and TINCAN. Audiences can expect a romantic journey like no other, filled with laughter, tears, and the undeniable magic of love.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment