Sunday 16 September 2018

My Verdict For ToFarm Film Festival 2018






A solid pinoy sc-fi film for me. I loved all its ideas and groundbreaking concept that I didn't expect that pinoy filmmaker can pull.


 My Verdict: 4/5




With its striking cinematography and production design Tanbata's Wife is something new for pinoy audience to see a cross cultural romance drama that has a look and feels on an international film.


 My Verdict: 3.5/5





I love the ideas displayed in this second futuristic film that I saw in this year's TOFARM Film Festival. Its metaphor, mystery, satire and symbolism thru sweet potato as banned substance works for me in telling a more layered message towards the audience. Katrina Halili showcase one of her best performance in this film proving that she matured already on her acting craft. The 3 men, Alex Medina, Kiko Matos and Carl Guevara also give justice to their character well.


My Verdict: 3.5/5





Loved the essence of the story of the film about family, identity, culture and indigenous people that story deserve at spotlight in Philippine cinema.


My Verdict: 3/5



1957 truly embodies the purpose of TOFARM film festival showcasing the current state and plight of  our farmers. I love its simplicity, visuals and its message on what a farmer is like to be here in the Philippines.


My Verdict: 3.5/5




Sol Searching is an ensemble dark comedy with unconventional character study that reflects people living in small town society. 


My Verdict: 4/5


Best Picture: Alimuom

Best Performances:


1. Miyuki Kamimura - Tanabata's Wife
2. Maribeth Fanglayan - Tanabata's Wife
3. Ina Feleo - Alimuom
4. Pokwang - Sol Searching
5. Katrina Halili - Mga Anak ng Kamote
6. Carl Guevarra - Mga Anak ng Kamote
7. Gileth Sandico - Sol Searching
8. JM Salvado - Sol Searching
9. Alex Medina - Mga Anak ng Kamote
10. Kiko Matos - Mga Anak ng Kamote
11. Ronwaldo Martin - 1957
12. Bayang Barrios - Kauyagan
13. Jeff Bringas - Kuayagan


Best Director: Charlson Ong and Lito Casaje - Tanabata's Wife

Best Screenplay: Sol Searching

Best Story: 1957

Best Cinematography: Tanabata's Wife

Best Production Design: Alimuom

Best Editing: Tanabata's Wife

Best Music: Tanabata's Wife

Best Sound: Mga Anak ng Kamote



No comments:

Post a Comment