Monday 13 February 2023

Award winning short filmmaker Emille Joson transitions from a reluctant sex to an award winning filmmaker

 

 By Archie Liao

Talented filmmaker Emille Joson could be considered a class act by herself. From being a promising sex nymphet, she has successfully transitioned herself to become one of the most prolific short filmmakers of her generation. Ever since blowing audiences away with her short film Adivino in the US, she is now predicted to be one of most important short filmmakers this side of tinseltown. "Actually, it's flattering when you get the attention and even the admiration of guys who see you as sexy.

I would admit that I feel the 'kilig.' But I realized, it's not my calling.I find greater fulfillment in doing what I love to do which is filmmaking.I realized too that life is too short especially during the pandemic.Sabi, gusto ko nang gawin kung ano ang nagpapaligaya sa akin, which is filmmaking. Na-realize ko iyong ganda kasi lumilipas.What matters most is the legacy that you would leave behind. I switched to filmmaking because I wanna make an impact in the industry, " she enthuses. "As an artist I have to leave a mark in the industry that will make people remember me when I'm old. 

 


I wrote Adivino when I was 19. My ex-boyfriend Elton Zobel helped me out to find a team, and a month after voila I got nominations and wins! Would you believe that it's way controversial back then because of its similar antagonist theme with Noli Me Tangere. I did not have the slightest idea that's it's gonna be a huge success abroad during pandemic and #MeToo era.

It even gave me goosebumps considering na it's been a 10 years old material na para syang bumangon ulit sa libingan with the bang!, " she adds. The stunning filmmaker is looking forward to a busy year with more directorial jobs. She's also quite happy that her horror short film continues to get raves abroad. She' also vows to make short films with grittier content in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment